A Full Life Ahead
A Full Life Ahead is a series of workshops designed for decision supporters and caregivers to learn more about topics relevant for transition-age youth and adults with disabilities.
Many workshop topics are offered, including friendships, transition, employment, housing and financial planning.
The workshops and resources provided will help lead to interdependent, full lives in the community for people with disabilities.
The series takes place in the five regions of MFOFC. Workshops may be presented in one or more of the MFOFC Regions: Central, Metro Boston, Northeast, Southeast (Taunton), Southeast (Matapoisett), and West. You are welcome to attend any workshop at any of these locations.
Below is a listing of workshop topics for the current series. Click to each workshop for details on locations, dates and directions.
New workshops and locations are being planned. To receive update notices on this series and other MFOFC events, please join our mailing list.
- Adult Family Care & Shared Living: What to Know
- The Alphabet Soup of Resources – PCA, AFC, SSI
- The Big Picture: Creating Housing Options & Financing the Vision
- Creating a Home for Your Loved One–Combining Personal Resources & Government Benefits
- Creating Housing Options
- Employment – Let’s Get to Work
- Employment – Where the Jobs Are
- Going to College – Why Not?
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program
- The Road Forward: DDS and Chapter 688 Transitional Services for Massachusetts Families