Legislative Advocacy Training
Join us in Lowell for a day-long training to help you increase your understanding of the Massachusetts state legislative processes and boost your confidence participating in legislative advocacy.
October 19, 2019
9:00am - 3:00pm
Lowell, MA 01851
In this training, we'll cover:
- Why civic engagement is so important.
- The process of a bill becoming a law.
- The annual budget process.
- Understand the role that residents play in the legislative process.
- Connecting participants and organizations with elected officials.
- Effective communication skills with elected officials and staff.
- Methods of using effective communication for an issue.
Who should attend?
- High school students
- Immigrants and refugees
- Graduates of MFOFC Family Leadership Series
- CMAA staff and volunteers
- Nonprofit and business partners
- Monorom Family Support Program participants
- Individuals interested in getting involved in local government boards/committees
- Anyone with an interest in social justice