MassFamilies Housing Webinar Series
Can an individual with disabilities lead an independent life of their choosing in a home of their choosing? Yes!
For parents raising individuals with disabilities, the process of finding appropriate housing for adult children can be challenging, especially in states like Massachusetts, where the options are expensive. Yet, some parents have developed creative solutions that enable their children to lead independent lives in housing arrangements that honor the individual’s vision of a lifestyle that best fits them.
This webinar series shared examples of innovative housing options being developed by parents and experts in the field.
Watch our archived webinars to hear conversations with parents and practitioners as they discussed:
- When to start planning for independent living
- The importance of developing a vision for your child’s life as an adult
- Identifying and leveraging resources (community and government) to make independent living a reality
- What to expect when transitioning to a new housing arrangement
- Case studies that illustrate the person-centered approach