Voting is the Primary way to Redefine Government
How to Register
You cannot register to vote via the Internet, but you can request a voter registration form from your Town Clerk or Registrar of Voters.
You may also request a voter registration form to register to vote in Massachusetts, by filling out the Voter Registration Request online. A form will then be mailed to you.
Q: I can’t get to the polls on election day. Can I vote?
A: Yes. You may vote by absentee ballot if you:
- will be absent from your city or town on election day, and/or
- have a physical disability that prevents your voting at the polling place,
- cannot vote at the polls due to religious beliefs.
Q: How can I apply for an absentee ballot?
A: Apply in writing to your city or town clerk or election commission and include
- address as registered
- ward and precinct (if you know them)
- address where you wish the absentee ballot sent
- in a primary,the party ballot you want, and
- your signature.
You may also make application by letter or note. Whichever method you choose, the application must be made in writing and signed.
There is an application form available at your local election office or by downloading one of the applications here:
Absentee Ballot Application [acrobat format]
Peticion de Voto en Ausencia [acrobat format]
Absentee Ballot Application by a Family Member [acrobat format]