Learn about Chapter 171 Training Available
Chapter 171 – Flexible Support Law
If you or a family member receives support services from any of the agencies listed below, you should know about Chapter 171 and flexible supports.
- Department of Developmental Services
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
Chapter 171 gives individuals and families the right to sit at the table when decisions are being made about programs and policies within the above named state agencies.
This training will help you to:
- Understand flexible supports.
- Understand how to provide substantial consultation to the agencies that provide support to you or your family member with a disability.
- Understand and review annual family support plans written by the agencies that describe the flexible supports currently being provided as well as their plans to provide flexible support options in the coming year.
- Get involved with systems change and implementation of Chapter 171.
For more information or to schedule training, please contact Mandee Spittle, MFOFC Statewide Coordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org